Friday, July 25, 2008

Environment Artist with id software!

It's been a while, so I thought this would be a good excuse to post. I recently accepted a position with id software as an environment artist!

I am very thrilled to be starting there next month (still ironing out the dates). I think I will learn a tremendous amount from the extremely talented staff they have there. I know that I'll definitely have to bust my hump to keep up with those guys, but it's going to be all worth it!

It was a difficult decision to leave Ensemble. That has been a great company to work for. Even though I was only a contractor, they treated me like one of their own, and it's been a genuinely positive and amazing experience. I have made so many good friends there! Fortunately, id is not far from where I work now, so I'll be staying in the area, and able to still have some drinks with my friends there, and hang out.

Kati (the wife) is very excited as well. She's certainly settling down in this area, and I am too. This was a pretty unexpected turn of events, but I know it's going to be a very positive one.

I still have a lot of goals to hit as an artist this year (personal projects I plan to do at home). And I am planning on even doing a short film next year (like 30-60 seconds). I think it will be a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work for sure.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how things are going at my new gig soon! :)

Josh

1 comment:

J said...

Congrats Josh!